Retabolil is a synthetic derivative of testosterone, anabolic drug long-acting (depot formulation). It stimulates protein synthesis in the body, causing a delay of nitrogen, calcium, sodium, potassium, chloride and phosphorus, which leads to an increase in muscle mass and the acceleration of bone growth, water retention. Has low androgenic activity.
Nandrolone decanoate is slowly what is anadrol released from the injection site into the bloodstream with a half-life of 6 days. The blood is rapidly hydrolyzed in the ester nandrolone with a half-life of less than 1 hour. In general, the half-life period for the combined hydrolysis process, distribution and excretion of nandrolone plasma is 4.3 hours. Nandrolone is metabolized in the liver.Metabolites inferred kidneys are norandrosterone 19, 19 and 19-noretioholanon norepiandrosteron. The data on the pharmacological activity of these metabolites are unknown.
- Osteoporosis various origins;
- cachexia of various etiologies;
- violation of protein metabolism, increase of catabolic processes, depleting the body’s resources (burns, trauma, surgery, radiation therapy, severe infectious diseases);
- surgery, radiation therapy, severe infectious diseases
- violation of protein metabolism after severe burns, trauma, surgery, radiation therapy for severe infectious diseases;
- progressive muscular dystrophy;
- amyotrophy spinal what is anadrol progressive Verdniga-Hoffmann;
- glomerulonephritis, program hemodialysis in patients with chronic renal failure;Contraindications
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- pregnancy, lactation;
- nephrotic syndrome;
- prostate cancer;
- acute or chronic prostatitis;
- breast cancer in men;
- severe liver damage, liver failure in patients with cancer or metastases to the liver;
- breast cancer (metastases if hypercalcemia);
- hypercalcemia (including history).Precautions: cardiac, hepatic and renal insufficiency, hypertension, marked atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction (also in history), cerebrovascular disease, diabetes, prostatic hypertrophy, migraine, epilepsy, glaucoma history (anabolic steroids cause sodium retention and fluid in the body), advanced age, seizures (including history).
due to the androgenic activity of women and children the drug is prescribed in the case, if the effect of therapy outweighs the potential risk.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is administered by deep intramuscular injection. The dose is determined individually. The average single dose for adults is 25-50 mg every 3-4 weeks. In severe renal insufficiency, including uremic dose is 50 mg once a week.
When using the drug Retabolil according to the recommended dosage regimen, the manifestation of side effects are usually unlikely. With prolonged use, or in the case of drug abuse can occur, the following side effects: Patients of both sexes: nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, burning sensation in the tongue, liver dysfunction with jaundice, gepatonekroz (dark feces, vomit mixed with blood , headache, discomfort, bad liver breath), hepatocellular carcinoma, peliosis of the liver (loss of appetite, dark urine, discoloration of feces, hives, point or makuleznye hemorrhagic what is anadrol rash on the skin and mucous membranes of the mouth and nose), cholestatic hepatitis ( yellow coloration of the sclera and skin, pain in the right upper quadrant, dark urine, feces discoloration), diarrhea, feeling of fullness in the stomach, flatulence, increased or decreased libido, acne (especially in women and boys puberty). There may be a nitrogen retention, sodium and water in the body, peripheral edema, increased vascularization of skin, hypercalcemia (especially fixed patients and in women with metastatic breast cancer).
- Progression of atherosclerosis (increased concentrations of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol – LDL and decreased high-density lipoprotein cholesterol – HDL), iron anemia, leukemoid syndrome (leukemia, pain in the long tubular bones, anticoagulation with a tendency to bleeding), increased secretion of the sebaceous glands, chills, cramps, sleep disturbance. The suppression of secretion of gonadotropins. in women: symptoms of virilization (hirsutism, alopecia, irreversible decline in the tone voice, disk and amenorrhea, ovarian suppression, enlargement of the clitoris, steroid acne, oily skin), hypercalcemia (nausea, vomiting, fatigue). men: prepubertal – virilism (acne, penis enlargement, priapism, formation of secondary sexual characteristics), idnopaticheskaya hyperpigmentation of the skin, slowing or stopping growth (calcification of epiphyseal growth zones of long bones); post-pubertal – bladder irritation (increased frequency of urinary urgency), mammalgia, gynaecomastia, priapism, oligospermia, decreased sexual function; elderly – hyperplasia and / or prostate carcinoma.
Overdose Overdose No data. Symptoms: increased side effects described above. Treatment: symptomatic. No specific antidote.
Interaction with other drugs
Precautions should be prescribed Retabolil during treatment with antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants of indirect action (possibly increasing their validity), hypoglycemic agents (possibly increasing their hypoglycemic effect).
Retabolil can be used in combination therapy with corticosteroids, tuberkulostaticheskoy and cytotoxic drugs.
Weakens effects of growth hormone and its derivatives (accelerates mineralization of the epiphyseal growth zones of long bones). Glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids, corticotropin, sodium-containing medicines and foods rich in sodium, increase (each) of fluid retention in the body, increase the risk of edema, increase the severity of acne.
Co-administration with hepatotoxic drugs increases the risk of liver function abnormalities.
In order to achieve optimal therapeutic effect during therapy Retabolilom patient should receive a deprived adequate amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
In applying retabolil in high doses in puberty possible premature closure of growth zones and suspension growth. Acceleration of the epiphyseal growth of long bones can be observed in children both during treatment and 6 months after stopping treatment.
In order to control the state of the epiphyseal tubular bone growth zones in children and adolescents is recommended that their x-ray every 6 months.
During treatment what is anadrol should be careful control in ocular pressure.
in the treatment requires systematic monitoring blood levels of calcium, cholesterol (especially in patients with concomitant diseases of the cardiovascular system), hematocrit, hemoglobin concentration of serum phosphorus.
in some cases, during use of the drug observed violation metrics some liver function tests. Therefore, every 4 weeks should monitor liver function.
In patients with diabetes may cause an increase in glucose tolerance, thereby reducing the need for insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents.
In the event of violations of the menstrual cycle and / or signs of virilization treatment should be discontinued.
Use strictly according doctor’s prescription in order to avoid complications.
Before and during drug treatment should be carried out rectally control the size of the prostate gland.
The abuse of pharmaceutical preparations containing nandrolone (with high doses as an anabolic agent) may cause endocrine, metabolic and psychiatric disorders.
The use of anabolic steroids to stimulate athletic qualities can cause serious harm to health and is not valid!
solution retabolil under the influence of cold may become turbid. In this case, prior to use drug vial should be heated to dissolve the crystals.
The action of the drug on motor transport and machinery handling ability: does not affect the ability of road management and execution of works related to the high risk of injury.